Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Moving" - My very first post

This is my first blog! I thought that I would post a poem I wrote a while ago as my first endeavor to "blog" I know that people have been doing this for years but it never really appealed to me. I guess until now I didn't mind the pictures on facebook to be what people knew about me. Now, after one of my classes- I want to say more- more about myself my inner thoughts and who I am deep down. I guess I want to be heard in a different way.

Moving
In constant motion we move
Set to improve
Stepping in time and space
In this ridiculous race
The winner’s behind
The loser’s ahead
It’s hard to know what will be said
A pitied dream
A horrid scream
Sunlight waits to be seen
A darkened room
A clouded boom

A moment of silence left for saddened ears
Monstrous dragons await to fear
To stop a beating heart
All one has to do is start
Start to run from the dreams, the nightmares, the screams
It’s all make believe it seems

The face belies the truth it holds
And hardly a soul is sold
Onto the lie that is forward fly
Awaiting the one who follows the sky

A turned face and a click of a light
Suddenly one loses sight
But the eyes adjust and the path is clear
And then there’s nothing left but to steer

Written by: Stacia Hardy
July 3rd 2008

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your poem. Blogging is such a great way to be creative and expressive! Keep at it and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I appreciate your comment!

    ReplyDelete