Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What???

You know when you catch a sentence of someone who is on the phone or in the middle of a conversation and that one sentence is all you hear- You hear one sentence in passing and wonder what could have been prior for the response to occur or their personal history and story- well that happened to me today. A girl, who was on the phone said, "Um Melissa you are too young to be drinking alcohol" And that was all I heard. So questions start to fly, who is Melissa? is it your sister? your friend, cousin,- is she a member of the church- are you? are you a convert and the rest of your family doesn't approve of your life choices? what is the relationship? how would your words of reprimanding help? is what you are saying falling on deaf ears- now I will never see that girl again so I will never be able to ask her- but I do love a good story and it would have been fun to hear this one...

1 comment:

  1. I ran into one of those conversations right before I read your blog! Truly intriguing...And thanks for giving me a little bright spot in the middle of the day yesterday when I read this!

    ReplyDelete